Tuesday, October 16, 2012

As Seen catch up and a Layout

Well I think I am just about catching up with myself after two busy weekends away. I did take photos for my 'As seen' during my days away though I don't seemed to have taken any today.

Friday's just had to be the thunderous hail storm that made so much noise on the conservatory roof, it was not long after we had all arrived and we hadn't started scrapping which was just as well the noise was so bad.



Saturday there was a beautiful rose pink sky at 6 o'clock in the evening a promise of a nice day on Sunday?



Sunday we woke to a heavy mist which made all the spiders webs sparkle with dew



the promise the evening before was fulfilled and we had quite a nice day weather wise and were able to take group photos outside.



the white patches on Lynne & my jumper is where the sunlight had caught them.

Monday saw us beavering away packing all our stash and making the house tidy again. All done and we were ready for the off by just before 10 good going.

My as seen just had to be my wall hanging because I was so pleased with it.



I did another page for my wedding album today to cover the weekly challenge on UKScrappers. The criteria was to do a double layout using a sketch provided, because of the Great British Bake off that had to be the theme of our pages and the rest was made up of washi tape or ribbon and to incorporate numbers. I thought that it would be good to record the fact that our 3 tier wedding cake was made with love, the rich fruit cake being made by John's Mum and the icing and decorations by a friend of my parents. Isn't it nice when things become special because of who has made them.
I did it as a 6x6 double layout for the challenge then mounted that onto a 12x12 white card stitching around the edges and adding a black flourish to 2 of the corners.
3 Tiers made with love SLO

for the lack of anything outside I have resorted to one of my cats for my picture for today My adorable boy Rudi


Today I am grateful for a relaxing day even though I don't feel to well

3 comments:

Sian said...

That's the most beautiful soft blue with your black and white photos. Love it!

humel said...

Sorry to hear you don't feel well, Mary - hope you're better soon xx

Lovely photos and layout :)

AlliR said...

That spider web photo is brilliant! Another great LO too, the stitching really finishes it off well.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye