Monday, September 05, 2011

Weekly challenge & Learn Something New Every Day

I love the weekly challenge on UKScrappers, it is usually set by one of the teams, sometimes just by an individual.
This week the Scrap Apple team,
As it is back to school this week for most children we thought that we would set a challenge around a school theme.
Firstly we would like you to use just 2 colours (black and white dont count as colours for this challenge) 10 points
Secondly please use the sketch. 10 points
Thirdly use an embellishment that represents your favourite thing about school, subject, home time what ever you want. 10 points

I struggled a bit to think what I could do as my school days and my children's school days are long past and my eldest grandson doesn't start school till next week. In the end I found a photo of myself with my cousin and brother on Worthing beach so I went with the summer holiday theme thinking along the lines of that being the best part of school was the long summer holidays

Summer Holidays

For LSN to day I haven't really gone by the prompt too well as it was on Time and the only connection I could find was that I was going to be spending a lot of time with my new kittens getting to know them, and handling them so that they are friendly with people
05 Two Kittens

4 comments:

Shirley said...

What a lovely thing to learn Mary.
They are adorable little kitties.
Great weekly challenge LO.
You really have achieved a retro feeling and I can recognise that it is you in the photo too. It must be the smile!
X

Sian said...

Yes! The weather seemed a lot better in those days, though..

Gez Butterworth said...

Wonderful LO's. Enjoy your new furbabies..we have a new kitten just 9 wks old!

Trish said...

Mary, your layouts are beautiful!! and Congrats on your two new additions!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye